Saturday, November 17, 2007

A few new things...

Well, yesterday was my Friday off, at my job we have the choice of working a 9/80 schedule...that means that we work 9 hour days Mon-Thur, and get every other Friday off. I've been working this schedule for many years now...and I love when my Friday rolls around. So, yesterday was my day off and my husband was off too, so we got up early and went out to breakfast, then he took me shopping for a few new things. My foyer has been in need of a new runner and rug for the front door. And...we found a nice set (well it wasn't a set, but we put it together, my husband is quite the decorator too :). It looks really pretty in person, pictures just don't do it justice. So, here's a snapshot , and a few other snapshots of the foyer. I think they'll blend in nicely with the Christmas decor. I suppose I should start pulling that all out any day now...

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend. Today I'm thankful for my dear sister Martha. Since the two of us are closest geographically to our parents...we are the "lending hand" for them. We take turns taking mom to dialysis 3 times per week, yep we have to be up by 4:30am to get her there by 5am, and then we get ready for work...it's a hectic schedule for both of us, but mom is doing so wonderful that it's almost painless. It's a blessing to have such a dear sister...

Runner in the foyer...olive, cream, and red



the red carpet matches perfectly to the reds in the runner...



this is to the right of the front doors...love this spot

a plaque I have in the space beneath the stairs...


and I just added this plate to my laundry room,
it reminds me of crisp linen...


1 comment:

  1. Rose,
    Such a great eye for decorating! Love your wallpaper in the laundry room!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete