Thursday, March 6, 2008

Moments to Treasure....

Morning friends! So...I thought I would share two things that happened yesterday with my boys. I keep telling myself that I have to keep a log of these moments...

My 8-year-old son had taken his shower. When he was done I went into the bathroom to help him put lotion on his legs that have been dry from the winter weather. As I was rubbing the lotion on his legs he says "Thank you mom for taking such good care of me all of my life, I love you" - Ah...I responded, "You are welcome my angel, mommy loves you more than you could ever know." He says, "Mom, no offense but there is someone who loves me more than you" - I looked up at him, still rubbing lotion on his legs, with a puzzled look on my face. He says, "Jesus mom.... he loves me more than you." Yes my angel Jesus loves us more than anything. Aaaaahhhhh what a touching moment that I never want to forget. Ever.

Ok, and on to my other son....

I was in my bedroom watching tv, sitting at the edge of my bed. My 10-year old comes in to fill me in on his day at school. He starts by telling me that a girl in his class wrote him a note that asked "Do you like me? - circle yes, no, or maybe" - my son circled "maybe" - HA too cute. So he says that later on in the day, she passes another note to him, obviously she was not satisfied with his response. The note read "Do you like me, circle yes or no....notice the "maybe" is no longer an option - HA!!! So, my son circled "yes" - I then responded....really? I thought you like "M" - not the girl who wrote the note. He says, "I do like "M" mom, but she doesn't like me....then he paused for a moment and says....well.....she does like me, she just doesn't know it!" Oh my word...did my son say that? Oh daddy will be proud! I laughed so hard and hugged and squeezed him. The things kids say! I just had to share these two wonderful moments. Boy, I am so blessed aren't I?!

Wishing you all a wonderful day. Off to get ready for work now!

P.S. - I hope not many teachers read my blog, I don't do well with punctuation marks as you can see...requires too much "thinking." :)

15 comments:

  1. Oh Rose, what sweet moments with your boys. What a gift to have a son that knows that Jesus loves him more than any thing. The puppy love story is just precious and takes me back to when mine were little and we had some our best conversations when they came home from school. Blogs are such a great way to record all these special times, wish we would have had them back in the day, I would have been able to learn so much from so many lovely bloggers like yourself.
    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both stories are priceless! That's what life is all about. :-) Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you just tingle all over at times like that!! My kids are grown and on their own and truly miss those little moments that set the tone for the day! Cherish them!!!
    Hugs,
    Cathie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Priceless moments with your boys. They are both right on track! You really should write this down so you don't forget these precious conversations. Time goes so fast and they are soon grown and gone from home. ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am quietly (almost reverently) appreciative of what exists between you and your sons. I know of NO ONE in my family (out through cousins) who EVER enjoyed such a comfortable and wholesome sense of ease with parents. (consequently not with ourselves either!) And this is NOT common to the average family now.

    Your family is blessed with a marvelous environment that is enabling healthy emotional growth and individual development that can return blessings to all of you through years to come. APPLAUSE! APPLAUSE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these stories sweetie, they are certainly something to treasure! Out of the mouths of babes.....love it! Have a great day Rose!
    Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aren't these 2 of the most precious stories, just love them! What great guys you have!
    Have a super day, Rose!
    :0)
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Rose
    What a wonderful post!!! It makes me smile.....
    Would you like to come over to my blog... I have something for you
    Hugs
    Marcela

    ReplyDelete
  9. AAHHH, what touching moments! Your children sound so sweet and loving and likely so because they have such a special person like you as their mom.
    Now, sorry to do this, but curiosity is KILLING me...
    Please tell me the girl he has the crush on is not the one with the weiner drawing? Tell me it isn't so. Or at least not the one he likes but doesn't know she likes him yet? What a nightmare that would be! So sorry to make light of such a wonderful exchange you had with your children, I do apologize (well almost, ha).
    Your children are truly blessed to have a kind, caring mom like yourself to surround them with love.
    Have a wonderful weekend and hug your kids tight!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree Rose with another poster. Hope you journaled those precious words from your sons. The age your boys are now I think was my favorite age of my boys when they were little. Big enough to go down the street to play with friends but still small enough to think their Momma is queen.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What wonderful memories you are making! You will remember these little stories and 20 years from now when it is Christmas day and everyone and their families have gathered, the old stories will be passed around amoungst hugs and laughter! Enjoy every day!
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  12. What fabulous boys these are - but it's all because of their wonderful parents and upbringing. Thanks for sharing such heartwarming stories Rose - I can see you have sons who will go far in life and hopefully continue to bring you much joy over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awwwwwww. What sweet boys you have.
    Hugs,
    Nan

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree with Amanda - out of the mouth of babes. We still have those kind of stories that hubs and I share and share again with each other and always touch our hearts.

    Hugs - Karen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Rose: I love to hear stories about my "little boys." They are so precious. It's so nice that you take the time to recognize when you're having one of those "magic moments," because so many people let those times go by in the fast pace world we live in.

    ReplyDelete