Saturday, March 22, 2008

Happy Easter and Taking a Break...

Ok, can I just say that I am completely wiped out right about now. Yes, it started early this morning when my adopted family showed up to finish their work on the project. Yawn....bright and early, in fact I opened the door in my pj's. Sooooo, after scaring them with that site, ha that woke them up didn't it that's what they get for waking me up! My hectic day began. I ran around getting the boys haircuts and returning a stack of clothes that I bought my angel (devil) son and he did not like ONE thing - UGH....I could scream. So, I dragged him to the store so he could pick out his own (dang) clothes for vacation. Lord get me to the beach!

On top of that, the guys finished up the project around 1pm, so then I had to come home and CLEAN, yes hubby and I cleaned every part of the house because it was covered with a fine dusting of wood that the guys sanded off of the columns. Then....I had to pack the suitcases, and tomorrow is Easter sooooooo of course the baskets had to get made....and so that brings me to the nice part of the story.....

When my kids were toddlers my sister told me of a woman she worked with that used to put out bunny prints in a trail and her children would have to follow them to find their baskets. And I knew that I had to start this magical tradition for my own boys....and so it began. I knew I'd be running like a nut today getting ready for our trip and all....but I HAD to do this for them...they expect it.....and I overheard one of my boys tell the other that he couldn't wait for the Easter bunny to leave his prints......awe....how could I not. So, yes as TIRED as I am....the bunny has arrived to deliver their baskets...and he has left his trail...that my boys will follow in the morning when they awake. I started it right outside their bedroom door...as they are sound asleep.....sssshhhhh

Happy Easter everyone! I'll post more pictures of the project once the painter comes in and does his thing next week, and the final step to the project is new carpeting in the room. I'll be back with you all next weekend! Hope everyone has a blessed day tomorrow.

The baskets are their first baskets I made them when they were just

infants....and I use the same basket every year.


Happy Easter!

9 comments:

  1. Happy Easter to you and yours. ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola Rose
    What a lovely post!!!
    Happy Easter to you and your family!
    Un beso
    Marcela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful Easter Sunday!

    blessings,
    kari & kijsa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Easter Rose my dear friend! I love this Easter tradition you have. It's something that your precious sons will remember all their lives, and hopefully pass the tradition on to their children too! Have a wonderful time away sweetie!
    Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful "break".

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a magical and endearing tradition to embed in the hearts of your young ones. And they will always have that as a cherished emotional milestone to refer to.

    I love you, Rose!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute idea to leave bunny prints. Hope you didn't wear yourself out too much. Take care and enjoy your trip with your sweet family. Those trips will stay in your memory for life and become part of your life treasure.
    Hugs dear friend,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Rose, hope you are having a ball at the beach! Love the new project, great idea to take that wall out. I love columns! And how sweet, the bunny footprints for your boys.

    Wonderful!
    Rhoda

    ReplyDelete