Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving Day is here...


Ahhhh the day we've all been waiting for has finally arrived. I've been up since 6:30 a.m. getting my dishes ready to take to my sister Martha's today. I'll be taking a boneless turkey breast that I picked up at the local butcher, it turns out really nice and juicy. She's roasting a 22 pound turkey, and we need a little extra as she expects quite the crowd....ha! And, instead of the pumpkin chiffon pie I had planned on...well Annie my cousin from Southern California e-mailed me a "Pumpkin Dump Cake" recipe that sounds just sinful....so it's in the oven baking as we speak...and I'll share the recipe with you on my next post.

And yesterday....the doorbell rang in the early evening. When we opened the door there was a man standing there with the most beautiful centerpiece just for me! It was from my dear friends Diana and Mario. They are just so sweet, and much too good to me! And since I'm not hosting Thanksgiving dinner this year...well I'll be taking the beautiful flowers to Martha's so we can all enjoy them as we feast today. I'll bring it back home after dinner. My son Adam wasted no time at all. He ate his bowl of cereal by candlelight last night. He's going to be a hopeless romantic I'm afraid....a trait he picked up from his mother....ha!
Well my friends....I wish you all a wonderful, peaceful, joyous day. Don't worry about the calories, and enjoy the time with family. Sending sweet blessings...

No comments:

Post a Comment